Enter the source and target directories, either:
Swap the two directories using menu item: Options|swap source and target directories.
- from the drop-down list of the last 15 directories referenced
- from the browse button >>
- from menu item: Favorites|Select from favorites...
Type selects the file extensions of files to be compared. Use the browse button to configure the selections.
- Include subdirectories
- Compare timestamps - if selected, then files that have the same contents but different timestamps are shown. Otherwise, only file contents are compared.
Matches the directories and displays a list of different files.
This enables some or all of the following buttons:
- Compare - compare source and target files
- Compare All - compare all source and target files
- External Diff - compare using external differencing program
- Open - open in J development session (if available)
- View - view file
- Copy - copy from source directory to target directory (if appropriate)
- Ignore - remove file from display
The view menu configures the display:
- Contents only - show only those files whose contents differ
- Ignore source files earlier than target
- Copy source files not in target - copies the files from source to target directories
- Copy source files later than target - copies files with later timestamps from source to target directories
- Copy all source files - copies all files from source to target directories
- Delete target files not in source - deletes the files
- Print - prints the current display of different files
An external differencing program may be used if previously configured in menu
Edit|Configure|External Programs|File Comparison.
If you are using the subversion version control system (a modern replacement
for CVS), then this keeps a copy of the last checked out source in subdirectories
.svn. In Directory Match, select menu Options|Use subversion source
to match the target directory against the subversion source.